Sunday, October 5, 2008

Look, I don't mean to sound like a dufus, but how much of the bail out can be undone if Obama is President?

My PhD is math and I encourage my students (when I teach) to feel free to ask questions, since they typically block themselves by thinking they're the only one in the room for which this material is a black hole.

The reality, of course, is that generally everyone breathes a sigh of relief when the question is asked, because they too wanted to ask a similar question and blocked themselves for just the same reasons.

Well, economics is not my forte, and I swear to God I am at least as confused as my students about what the h___ is really happening.

So please forgive the very short piece, but may I cut to the chase and ask you professionals can Obama basically "undo" the bailout, which one submission I recently scanned said was EVEN WORSE than 9/11?

Also, any really solid general outline of this convoluted financial world (at least to me) would be very, very gratefully received.

I thank my teachers in advance.